The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is now accepting grant proposals for Round 10 of Grand Challenges Explorations, an initiative to encourage innovative and unconventional global health and development solutions. Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any organization, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations and for-profit companies.
Two-page grant proposals are being accepted online until November 7, 2012 on the following topics:
* Labor Saving Innovations for Women Smallholder Farmers
* New Approaches in Model Systems, Diagnostics, and Drugs for Specific Neglected Tropical Diseases
* New Approaches for the Interrogation of Anti-malarial Compounds
* Aid is Working. Tell the World.
Initial grants will be US $100,000 each, and projects showing promise will have the opportunity to receive additional funding of up to US $1 million. Full descriptions of the topics and application instructions are available at: www.grandchallenges.org/gce
To learn more about the Grand Challenges Explorations program and the Grand Challenges in Global Health program:
* View our Interactive Map that gives information on 813 grants that have been awarded for projects in 49 countries: www.grandchallenges.org/Pages/GrantsMap.aspx
* Meet the Grand Challenges community through videos at www.grandchallenges.org/Pages/VideoGalleries.aspx and project slideshows at www.grandchallenges.org/Pages/PhotoGalleries.aspx
We look forward to receiving innovative ideas from around the world and from all disciplines. If you have a great idea, apply here: www.grandchallenges.org/gce. If you know someone who may have a great idea, please forward this message.
Thank you for your commitment to solving the world's greatest health and development challenges.
Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives.
Visit our site
PO Box 23350
Seattle, WA. 98102
(C) 1999-2012 Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
All Rights Reserved.